Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I've been working on my classroom all the live long day


I finally went into my classroom yesterday to get a good look at it, and spent today putting it together. I still have a lot to do, but here is what I've got so far.



 My desk...it really needs some work. I'm considering getting some fabric or contact paper to cover it.


I originally wanted to say, "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to change you is the greatest accomplishment." I didn't have enough letters though, so I found this one. I was going to place the little monsters all around the room randomly, but the board was looking a little bland and I think they look cute here. The boarder is "oh the places you'll go" by Dr. Seuss.


I did put little green labels in my filing cabinet though! I've been looking up some ideas on how to improve it. 



The place where I will write the agenda for the day.





This will be where we keep the class sets we are using during each unit. I also have my 8th grade year book, because of course they will be curious about that and a class book I made during student teaching. I got pretty contact paper from the dollar tree, but they only had enough for about two shelves. The paint on this bookshelf is peeling so I plan on covering all the shelves later.



My Boggle board. An idea I just found today. I really like how much of the blank, white wall it covers. I just threw up some random letters for the picture, but my plan is to have a new board up each week and the students will compete. Each Friday I will collect their lists of words and each Monday the winners will be rewarded. It'll give them something to do if they finish early.




I got these stickers at the dollar tree and placed them up by the clock. I think it looks pretty nice  I was going to replace the clock but I realized that I think it is the school mascot, a squire.


I found this flower boarder in the room and decided to try to spruce up this old bookshelf a little and add some color to the room.


The homework board so they can see what is due and when, and also check to see what they missed when they were gone. Also an announcements board.


Student supplies. I'm not sure if I'm going to have each container be a different type (glue, scissors, markers, colored pencils, crayons, pens/pencils) or if I'm going to have a little of everything in each container so they can take them in their groups and have all they need in one spot.


The student center. Here is where the kids can get their supplies when they come into class, see what the homework will be and any announcements, and turn in work. I have a basket for each class, I just haven't labeled them because I'm not sure which periods they will be yet. I'm also going to keep the garbage and the recycling bin under the table to prevent people from shooting baskets all class. (Something I learned from last year lol)



My name plate! I hope to have a bigger fancier one outside my door eventually.

 

Cute little dry-erase stickers I found at the dollar tree. I figured they would be nice for little reminds on the way out the door. I put two on each door. 






A little reading/writing/conference center. I plan on replacing both chairs with comfier ones or a little love seat. I also want a nice little lamp. I think it would be a nice place to hold conferences with students or talk to parents without it seeming to formal and intimidating for anyone. I also may have the kids earn sitting there or just pick two people each class.


My Bazinga board! It's really just going to be a catch-all for things I want to post. It may have really awesome student work, newspaper clipping from when kids are in the news, jokes, or inspirational things. I covered the table with orange and white chevron fabric I found at a thrift store. I think it helps brighten the room a little. This is a student work station, so I may add a little lamp and a few supplies. I need to find a Sheldon poster or a picture of his face to put here!



This filing cabinet will have the student files. I plan on making a file for each student. (One large drawer per class period) They will hold the writer's notebooks for each kid so they aren't lost and will also serve as a place for them to store unfinished work or projects, as well as being a place I can pass back papers so it doesn't take up class time.




This is my project wall. I just hate how huge and blank it is. I'm considering just covering it with anchor charts or a big word wall. I'm open to suggestions!


The one thing I have placed on my desk so far.



I love my big cabinet :) 




No comments: