Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Week Before School

Mrs. Coyne and I have been very busy this week getting ready for the students to arrive next Tuesday! Since she moved rooms there was a lot to do!

I've been working on bulletin boards, making copies, planning, unpacking, organizing, meeting the other teachers, and going to staff meetings. It's very exciting to get the real experience of being a teacher, and I'm glad I was able to do my student teaching during the fall semester so I could get the "first day of school" experience.

I finally have my desk set up. I'm very lucky to have such an awesome host teacher who provides me with one! Not every student teacher is so lucky! :) 

This is a bulletin board that I made to introduce myself to the students. I thought I would make it Facebook style to relate to the kids better. I even made the status and wall laminated so I could use a white board marker on them and change them from time to time. Of course, if the students ask me if I have a Facebook, I'll just have to say that I do, but I don't add students as friends. 

This is a bulletin board that I put together that is actually advice from the 6th graders last year that they wanted to pass along to the new 6th graders. 

This one was my favorite one! 

This is another bulletin board that I put together. The students last year worked on finding a math term that they learned in 6th grade for each letter of the alphabet. There were still 3 missing at this point, but they're all there now! 

Today we had staff meetings during the day and tonight was meet the teacher night. Having met all of the children, I am SO excited for Tuesday to be here! I think it is going to be a really fun, and really great year. 

Tomorrow there are more staff meetings but there is also a conference on classroom management that should be very interesting, and especially useful for me. I'll let you know how it goes! 

No comments: